Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Today was a day for preparing questions which will be on the next exam. But before the giving of questions occured, Mr. Sexson brought up a concern, voiced by Elizabeth in her blog where it was stated(and please, Elizabeth, pardon my butchering of your phrase): how can rape, and murder, and sparagmos be justified by a few pretty words? To which Mr. Sexson replied, they simply cannot be. Evil things that happen in this world, such as rape and pain inflicted upon children, cannot be justified; only countered by the one weapon that can effectively be yielded by us: beauty(to which I read "art"). I am yet again reminded of the fact that I need to read The Brothers Karamazov and I also feel that I ought to check out Tarkosky's Andre Rublev now as well. The specter of how little I truly know rears its head yet again.

We were also instructed to pay special attention to page 147 in The Golden Ass, in the last few moments of class. I have not reached said page yet, but will before too long a time goes by. Probably.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home